REASONS TO JOIN LANE COVE RUGBY
1. Join a team on the rise. In the past four seasons our Colts and Seniors have added two trophies to our cabinet. Our Seniors have made the playoffs in the last two years and feel that another trophy is on the horizon.
2. We are 'casually competitive'. We want to enjoy our footy but know that the beers taste that much sweeter after a win. We appreciate that you can't make all training sessions so we won't hold that against you on match days.
3. We welcome players of all abilities. While our First Grade are in it to win it, our social teams tend to enjoy (attempt) free-flowing Baa Baas rugby in the Halligan Cup competition. For younger players, we are always looking to support a Colts (U21s) side for the Radford Cup competition.
4. Get stuck into a great social scene. Our social committee organises events throughout the season. From messy initiation sessions to the more formal (yet still rowdy) presentation night, we'll make sure you're well entertained and hydrated off the field.
5. Enjoy the support of the local community. The players enjoy the company of local supporters on match days and make the most of our sponsors' hospitality and services off the field.
6. A rich history steeped in glory. Lane Cove Rugby was established in 1949 and boasts numerous premierships. The club has also created numerous international footy representatives. Our old boys never let you forget about where this club has come from.
Click on the buttons below to learn more about the club.
5 REASONS YOU THINK YOU'RE NOT READY TO PLAY FOOTY
(BUT YOU REALLY ARE)
1. I can't commit to every training and every game
We know. Colts and Seniors rugby is a serious commitment but it can't get in the way of work, university, or the kids. Lane cove is made up of men from all walks of life including students, parents, and travelling professionals. We only ask that you come to every training session and game you possibly can.
2. I haven't played in years (or ever before) and wouldn't know where to begin
Begin by making contact. It doesn't matter what your experience is, as long as you're keen to learn and willing to put in some hard yards we'll help you with the rest.
3. It's not footy season, I'll wait for next season
Wrong! It's always footy season. Just because there isn't a game on the weekend doesn't mean there isn't an Oztag or touch footy game on, or pre-season fitness, or drinks at the pub. Get in contact and find out what's going on this weekend.
4. I'm not fit enough
A few weeks at training or pre-season will absolutely sort you out. You don't need to spend three months jogging or at the gym before coming down for a session. Jump right in and join the struggle. If you're not hurting you're not doing it right!
5. I weigh 140kg, love jamming schooners, and the only thing as foul as my mouth is my temperament
Good, we need props.